Cryptography Specialist Engineer (Snaps)
About the Role
The next phase of the MetaMask browser extension will bring transformative new features to the web3 ecosystem, while strengthening the flagship features that empower our users today. Developing these new features within our secure wallet extension framework will be a paradigm shift for wallet users and developers alike.
We are looking for highly collaborative cryptography engineers to drive the development of these wallet extensions. In this role, you will ensure that MetaMask continues to support our mission of democratizing access to the decentralized web.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- Experience directly implementing blockchain key derivation and signatures for several protocols.
- Deep understanding of security concepts and auditing standards.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on new cryptographic developments and make informed recommendations about security, time to develop, and maintenance complexity.
- Demonstrated interest or experience with blockchain related development and web3 technologies through any of: work experience, hackathons, open source work, personal projects, or similar experiences.
- Several years of experience in roles requiring collaboration with design, QA and product
- Great understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem.
- A passion for our mission and values
- Proactive and self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment
- Brings enthusiasm and the hustle to shipping high-quality code
- Are kind, empathetic, and supportive towards the team
- Timezone: Ideally between PT and ET, if in EU/UK you are able to have ~4 hours overlap with continental US time zones.
- Experience with zero knowledge proof protocols
- You’re a MetaMask user!
- Previous hands-on experience with security and cryptography.
- Prior experience developing extensions, plugins, or mods of any sort.
- Familiarity with agile processes (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you would contribute in the following areas:
- Help implement new user-facing functionality, including adding new protocols, networks, account types, and more, all via the Snaps wallet extension system.
- Work with our design, QA, and product teams to build the best possible wallet extension products with compelling user experiences, while working within a secure execution environment and templated design system.
- Advise, from a developer perspective, on the Snaps API and contribute to the planning and growth of the API to support an ecosystem of community wallet extension developers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The World’s Leading Web3 Wallet