A bit about the role:
As our business scales, the demand for legal support tracks the same growth curve. Our team needs to grow so that we can support and enable the business to grow. We are looking for a Commercial Counsel to act as a trusted partner and advisor to our Go-To-Market function. This new role will be nominally accountable for servicing the GTM team and handling general corporate/commercial BAU work streams.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be a trusted business partner to the GTM team. Review, advise on and help GTM execute new partner deals and grow the Immutable X ecosystem. A core accountability of the role will involve reviewing and negotiating partner agreements.
- Be responsible for handling, advising on and drafting a wide range of general corporate and commercial agreements including NDAs, vendor agreements including MSAs, software licensing, advertising T&C's, etc
- Instruct and manage external counsel, including budgets
- Reviews and advise on Immutable’s product, marketing and sales initiatives
- Advise and monitor on relevant regulatory and compliance with applicable laws in a quickly evolving regulatory landscape. This includes supporting projects and matters relating to digital assets regulation, AML/CTF and privacy.
- Assisting in building a legal, risk and compliance function and establishing legal and governance automation projects
- There’s never a dull day being a web3 lawyer at Immutable. You’ll get to work on a variety of deals and quickly develop some fairly rare and valuable web3 expertise. You’ll never be idle or bored.
We would love you to have:
- 4-6 years post-qualification experience, preferably from a top-tier law firm and/or in-house.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with commercial contracts (preferably corporate/tech focused).
- Familiarity with the regulatory landscape for Australian, US or UK tech companies, including AML/CTF, financial services licensing, consumer protection, marketing and privacy regimes.
- Level of knowledge of and interest in disruptive technology and financial services (including blockchain, digital assets and Web3 technologies) and current regulatory regimes.
- Strong project management and organisational skills, with ruthless attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator both internally and externally, with the ability to break down complex legal jargon into clear and practical advice.
- Experience using legal technology and automation
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Knowledge of what makes an effective in-house lawyer and legal function in a hyper-growth company
- Experience in IP/IT law
Your application has been successfully submitted.
ImmutableX is the leading platform for building web3 games on Ethereum.