Senior Attorney – Cryptocurrency/Blockchain
Based in Boston, this role will provide legal support to a range of Fidelity’s crypto and blockchain products and services businesses, focusing on supporting Fidelity’s crypto custody and trading business, crypto investments distribution opportunities, investments in crypto and blockchain firms, and the development of new products and services involving digital assets and blockchain technology. The candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of financial services or technology law experience, preferably with crypto or blockchain experience, and should have or be willing to quickly familiarize oneself with an understanding of blockchain technology and crypto and DeFi markets. Because of the range of issues presented by products and services related to digital assets, experience in the following specialties will be beneficial: commodities, brokerage, derivatives, banking, consumer finance, commercial law, AML and intellectual property.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- J.D. required.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Law firm experience required.
- Financial Services or Technology Law Experience.
- Experience with crypto or blockchain products or services a plus.
- Experience with technology startups and new business initiatives a plus.
- Exceptional judgment and range. You will need to excel at quickly analyzing complex legal and business issues in a variety of substantive areas.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and self-directed. You need to be able to work efficiently, under pressure, with varying degrees of supervision, and lead projects in a dynamic environment.
- Must thrive in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, advocacy, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to advise and influence senior executives and professionals from diverse businesses.
- Outstanding writing and oral communication skills, adaptive to and effective for different audiences.
The Value You Deliver
- Supporting a broad range of activity across Fidelity’s crypto and blockchain products and services businesses, including developing new products and services, launching new business initiatives and investing and partnering with startups.
- Drafting and reviewing documents, including strategic partnerships and licensing agreements.
- Participating in cross-functional working teams.
- Forming working relationships with your business and legal colleagues.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Institutional solutions for a new asset class.