Head of Crypto and Token Research
This newly created role within Asset Management will build and lead a team of analysts focused on developing frameworks for the evaluation of tokens, and the associated blockchain protocols, that form the basis of the rapidly evolving Crypto and DeFi economy. The Crypto and Token Research team will be housed within the Quantitative Research and Investments (QRI) division of Asset Management at Fidelity and the Head of Crypto and Token Research will report directly to the Head of QRI.
The Crypto and Token Research team’s output will enable the development of passive and active investment products that allow Fidelity’s customers to gain exposure to growth in this exciting new asset class. The Head of Crypto and Token research will collaborate closely with Fidelity’s product teams in both Asset Management and Fidelity Digital Assets Services (FDAS) to develop a research agenda aimed at bringing products to market that are in demand by both our institutional and retail customers. In addition, this role will partner with the Asset Management technology and data teams and the Fidelity Center for Advanced Technology (FCAT) to develop a data and research platform that enables us to scale up our research activities as the market evolves.
One of the primary objectives of this role is to bring the rigor and discipline found in the best investment research teams in traditional asset management to the world of crypto and DeFi. Therefore, the Head of Crypto and Token Research must have a track record of conducting high quality hands-on investment-oriented research coupled with a demonstrated knowledge and passion for cryptocurrency, the DeFi industry and the associated technology.
QRI is an investment division within Asset Management at Fidelity. We are responsible for the management and development of quantitative and hybrid quant/fundamental investment strategies and solutions while providing high quality quantitative, data-driven support to Fidelity’s fundamental investment professionals, ensuring they have access to the most relevant data and advanced quantitative analysis.
The Value You Deliver
- The team will have three main deliverables:
- Building a framework for assessing and evaluating of the security, robustness, reliability, and overall health of the underlying blockchain protocols and DeFi projects.
- Developing a process for assessing the economic utility of the protocols and the associated tokens. This will involve constructing taxonomies and classification schemas as well as fundamental research aimed at taking a view on the economics and long-term value creation potential of individual protocols, projects, and the associated tokens.
- Creating quantitative tools for assessing the trading and liquidity profiles of the various tokens and systematic approaches to portfolio construction, risk management and trading.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the financial or technology industries and real experience in the DeFi or crypto currency ecosystems.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or a closely related field is encouraged.
- Strong background in either investment research and/or technology relevant to the blockchain and DeFi.
- Experience leading diverse teams at the intersection of investments, technology, and data science.
The Skills You Bring
- Deep understanding of the current state and potential future paths for the DeFi industry.
- Strong hands-on investment research capabilities and an ability to communicate research to a broad audience.
- Ability to engage with multiple investment and technology teams to establish a collaborative and interdisciplinary
- approach to Crypto and DeFi research.
- Collaborative, creative and team-oriented leadership approach to R&D, investing and technology. Ability to work
- with and manage teams whose skill sets span blockchain, fundamental and quant research, data-science, and
- Familiarity with modern technology and programming platforms. E.g., Python, SQL, and cloud-oriented data
- technology (AWS, Azure, S3, Snowflake).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Institutional solutions for a new asset class.