In this role you will be responsible for:
- Operating and maintaining of backend blockchain infrastructure of the Subspace Network on top of bare metal services, VMs and Kubernetes clusters.
- Following principles of infrastructure as code to make operations well defined and maintainable.
- Ensuring reliable operation through monitoring and observability.
- Educating and enabling the rest of engineering team with automation of CI/CD and other development workflows.
- Sustaining good site reliability practices with incident response and postmortem analysis
- Rich experience working with Linux servers, networking, virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Experience setting up and operating production Kubernetes clusters, virtual machines and Linux bare metal servers.
- Familiarity with cloud-native landscape of tooling and experience of successfully deploying them to production environments (Terraform, Ansible, Prometheus/VictoriaMetrics+Grafana, ArgoCD, etc.).
- Solid understanding of blockchains and successful experience of maintaining of blockchain node (bootstrap, RPC, validator) infrastructure.
- Be proactive, willing to help engineers so stay productive in fully-remote setting.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language.
- A passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies.
- Familiarity with the Rust and TypeScript languages and their tooling.
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Active participation in Open Source development of DevOps/SRE-related tooling, presenting at conferences and meetups.
What We Offer:
- A globally distributed work environment with a high degree of autonomy and agency.
- You will play a critical role in implementing a new layer one blockchain.
- Salary and options befitting an early hire at a venture-backed startup.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US-based only).
- Company-sponsored team offsites in various locations around the world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Infrastructure for Web3 - delivering robust and highly distributed services at scale to power the future of the internet.